Ticketek Pty Ltd (ABN 92 010 129 110) (“Ticketek”) provides ticketing services, including the sale and distribution of tickets, as agent for the venue, promoter or person responsible for holding the relevant event (the “Seller”). In providing these services, Ticketek owns and operates Ticketek.com and Ticketek.com.au (the “Site”).
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket from Ticketek, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions relate both to the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (“you”).
Variation to Terms and Conditions
Ticketek may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Additional Seller Terms and Conditions
Each ticket is also sold subject to any additional terms and conditions of the Seller for the particular event (including their Conditions of Entry) (“Seller’s Terms”). The Seller’s Terms may be disclosed as part of the event information on Ticketek’s website and at Ticketek agents and outlets at the time of purchase. The Seller’s Terms are also available from Ticketek on request.
General Terms and Conditions
Ticketek acts as agent for the Seller in the sale of all tickets. As such, except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, all claims in connection with tickets or events are the sole responsibility of the Seller and, except to the extent required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) Ticketek otherwise has no liability to you.
Without limiting other remedies, Ticketek may limit, suspend or terminate the MyTicketek account of users who are acting inconsistently with these Terms and Conditions, including in particular the accounts of users who we believe are harassing, threatening or abusing our employees or other users or who act in an unlawful or inappropriate manner. For clarity, Ticketek may limit, suspend or terminate the MyTicketek account of a user which has been activated primarily to circumvent temporary or permanent suspensions already in place with respect to a different account.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
Unless otherwise provided under the Refundable Tickets Terms and Conditions of Sale (if applicable):
- Ticketek does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances or due to external factors such as, for example, adverse weather. Ticketek will only provide a refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). If an event is cancelled, you do not need to apply for a refund as we will automatically attempt to process a refund back to the original payment method used to purchase the ticket. Otherwise, you must apply for a refund by the earlier of: (a) 4 weeks after notification of the reschedule or relocation; or (b) 72 hours prior to the event. If you do not request a refund by that date, you will have agreed to the reschedule or relocation and will not be entitled to claim a refund;
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges unless otherwise notified at time of purchase). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Ticketek nor the Seller will be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses;
- Ticketek will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. Ticketek may charge a reasonable fee for the replacement of tickets. Ticketek may not replace tickets where seating is unallocated (general admission tickets);
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance at an event. You may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to cover for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation;
Variations to performances or events
- The Seller reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists, performers, teams or players and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
Admission to an event is subject to the Seller’s Terms. In particular, the following form part of the Seller’s terms unless otherwise specified:
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where the Seller has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions or the Seller’s Terms, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
- You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones).
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
- By attending the event, you and each attendee in your group acknowledge and agree that you each may be filmed and/or recorded and you each give permission to the Seller and Ticketek to use your image, likeness and voice obtained at the event in all media throughout the world for any purpose and without any compensation.
- You agree to comply with all Government directions, orders and regulations relevant to attending live events, which may be in place at the time of the event.
- You are responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in your group. In the event you are contacted directly by the Government, including the Department of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, you must: (a) make the contact details of your group available to the Government (if you have the consent of each group member to do so); or (b) contact each member of your group, and request that they provide their contact details to the Government directly.
- When attending the event, you and each attendee in your group agree to assume all risks associated with COVID-19 or other such communicable diseases.
Authenticity and validity of tickets
- Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from Ticketek or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Ticketek and the Seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder of the ticket may be refused admission. Ticketek will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Collection and delivery of tickets
- You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. In the interests of minimising ticket scalping, Ticketek may change your delivery method to "venue collect" at its discretion.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event.
Limitations on number of tickets purchased
- When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketek at its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets for fans, and as a measure to minimise ticket scalping.
- While Ticketek takes all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. Ticketek may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error Ticketek will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.
- If an error on your behalf results in Ticketek reprocessing the ticket transaction at your request, Ticketek may charge to you the actual costs incurred in reprocessing the ticket transaction, including any chargeback or postage fees charged to Ticketek by a third party.
For information regarding ticketing of live entertainment and sporting events, or to obtain a copy of the Code of Practice for Event Ticketing contact Ticketek or refer to www.liveperformance.com.au.
The term “including” when used in these Terms and Conditions is not a term of limitation.
Additional Accessible Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Ticketek is committed to working with Sellers to facilitate the accessible and inclusive sale of tickets on this site to all audiences. For each Event, the Seller nominates seating which may be designated as seating for spectators with an accessibility requirement (including due to physical, hearing, or visual impairments) (such tickets are referred to collectively, as Accessible Tickets). These Additional Accessible Ticketing Terms and Conditions (Terms) govern the sale of Accessible Tickets, as identified and made available by the Seller from time to time, and apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions of Sale above.
Accessible Ticket Categories
Where available, the following categories of Accessible Tickets may be purchased from Ticketek:
- Companion Card: A Companion Card is a card issued to people with a significant, permanent disability. Patrons holding a valid Companion Card are eligible for a complimentary Companion Card Ticket.
- Easy Access: Accessible Tickets are available for patrons with mobility issues or have accessible needs, but do not require a wheelchair location. These seating locations are typically accessible via less than 5 stairs, are located close to amenities such as toilets and may be close to the venue entry/exit.
- Hearing Impaired: A Hearing Impaired Ticket is available in selected venues for use by patrons with a hearing impairment, using hearing aids to access a hearing loop system.
- Sign Language Interpreter: A Sign Language Interpreter Ticket is available in selected events for use by patrons with a hearing impairment who require a sign language interpreter.
- Vision Impaired: A Vision Impaired Ticket is available in selected venues for use by patrons with a visual impairment.
- Vision Impaired with Guide Dog: A Guide Dog Ticket is available in selected venues for use by patrons with a visual impairment who require their Guide Dog to be present during the event.
- Bariatric: A Bariatric Ticket is available in selected venues for use by patrons who prefer a larger seat.
- Accompanying Guest: A seat that is located in an Accessible location for use by patrons who do not have accessible needs. An Accompanying Guest ticket can be obtained as a Companion Card ticket, or sold as paid admission.
- Wheelchair Accessible: A Wheelchair Accessible space, is a location which is wheelchair accessible because (a) the seat has been removed from that location to accommodate a wheelchair; or (b) the location is permanently a dedicated wheelchair space. A customer who purchases a Wheelchair Accessible seat will remain in their wheelchair for the duration of the event.
- Wheelchair Accessible Accompanying Guest: A seat that is directly next to a Wheelchair Accessible space, that can be obtained as a Companion Card ticket, or sold as paid admission.
Additional Companion Card Ticket Requirements
- To obtain a Companion Card Ticket, you must purchase at least one value ticket in the same transaction. It is not mandatory that the value ticket be another type of Accessible Ticket.
- Only one (1) Companion Card Ticket will be issued per Accessible or paying ticket.
- Companion Card tickets are issued subject to availability in the venue.
- Where a Companion Card Ticket is issued, it will be counted towards any ticket purchase restrictions.
- At the election of the Seller, where a Companion Card Ticket is issued, the companion may not be entitled to all benefits associated with the accompanying value ticket. For example, if the value ticket includes memorabilia or merchandise, such benefits may not be provided to the patron holding the Companion Card Ticket in addition to the value ticket holder.
Accessible Ticket Collection
- You may be required to collect your Accessible Tickets at the Venue, on the day of the Event.
- You may be required to show valid identification to Venue staff at the Event.
- Patrons collecting a Companion Card Ticket may be required to show a valid Companion Card to Venue staff at the Event upon ticket collection.
Cancellation of Accessible Tickets
- Accessible Tickets are offered to customers with access needs and are intended for use by individuals with disabilities, their companions and accompanying guests. By purchasing an accessible ticket through Ticketek, you represent that you or a member of your party has a disability that requires the accessible features provided by the seating locations being purchased.
- Ticketek may investigate potential misuse of Accessible Ticketing where there is good cause to believe that such tickets have been purchased fraudulently. In appropriate cases Ticketek may, in its sole discretion, cancel an order for Accessible Tickets that it believes to be fraudulent or improper and reserves the right to pursue legal action against individuals who fraudulently purchase Accessible Tickets.
- The venue also reserves the right to relocate to other seats, patrons who have purchased Accessible Tickets, but who do not require accessible features.
Other Accessible Bookings
If you have any questions, or would like to make your booking by phone, you may still contact the Ticketek Accessible Seating phoneline (1300 665 915), or submit an Accessible Seating form, to receive a call back from one of our Ticketek sales representatives.