Smokey air weather conditions force change of venue for the Mundine v Parr fight on the Gold Coast.
Dangerous weather conditions have forced, DDP Sports Management, the promoters of the Anthony Mundine - John Wayne Parr fight on the Gold Coast to change venues.
What is the Change?
The “Worlds Collide” fight card was to be held at Cbus Super Stadium but it’s now been relocated to the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank Saturday night.
Why is it being moved?
The major reason for the change is the prevailing air pollution stemming from the bush fires across northern NSW and south-east Qld. DDP Sports have heeded the advice from the Bureau of Metrology for people to stay indoors because of the air pollution from bushfires.
DDP Sports added the BOM had also forecast the possibility of storms next weekend and that added more weight to his decision.
DDP Sports Management tried to keep the event down the Gold Coast and had a meeting with the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre and unfortunately a room was not available for the scheduled date of Saturday, November 30th.
Do I need new tickets?
Yes, new tickets will be emailed to all existing ticket holders on Wednesday 27th November. Please remember to check your junk/spam folders.
Your current tickets for Cbus Super Stadium will not scan at the BCEC
How will I be allocated?
Existing tickets holders will be reallocated as below.
- Grandstands will be placed into the same price category seats in order of sale.
- Ringside seats will be allocated into the exact same seat configuration as they were at Cbus Stadium
- Corporate box ticket holders will be allocated in the same style of corporate seating.
- Competition winners will be contacted by DPP Sports for information.
- Corporate ticket holders who received their tickets directly from DPP Sports can use their existing tickets (tables, high bars etc)
Can I get a refund?
If you are unable to attend the event in Brisbane submit a request here for a refund.
Refunds will be made back to the original card used for purchase, please allow 10 days for the credit to appear. We can only accept a refund request from the account/card holder.
Remember to let us know if it's some or all tickets.
Please submit the refund request no later than 5pm Friday 29th November 2019.