Are you ready to control the weather?
Having captivated over half a million patrons worldwide, Random International's monumental artwork, Rain Room, finally makes its Southern Hemisphere debut - premiering in Melbourne, for a limited time only. Following blockbuster showings in London (Barbican), New York (MoMA), Los Angeles (LACMA), and Shanghai (Yuz Museum), Rain Room invites you to walk through a downpour of continuous rain without getting wet. Motion sensors detect the movements of the human body as you navigate through the darkened underground space, becoming performers in this intersection of art, technology and nature.
Where do I buy tickets?
Visit the Rain Room event page at Ticketek, select your date and time to purchase tickets.
Where is the event?
The Rain Room is on the corner of Jackson and Acland Streets, St Kilda, Melbourne. Check out the location map.
By Tram: The No. 16 tram runs from the Melbourne CBD to St Kilda. The No. 96 tram runs from Melbournes north to St Kilda. The promoters recommend disembarking at Stop 135 on Acland St, opposite The Prince Hotel.
By Car: If driving on-site parking is available at the rear of The Prince Hotel carpark on Jackson St. Limited off-street parking is available Acland and Fitzroy Streets. Check the parking notice as these may be up to two hours only.
What time should I arrive?
Please ensure you arrive early. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before your session time. If you miss your session time, we cannot guarantee a rescheduled visit due to popular demand. Please note that refunds are not available.
Can I buy merchandise?
A curated collection of apparel and other items are available to purchase after your Rain Room experience. Please note the Rain Store is cashless, so please ensure you take a credit card into the Rain Room for any purchases afterwards.
Are there any entry conditions?
- No food or beverage is allowed inside the installation.
- Rain Room is open to people of all ages. Please note that children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult and are advised not to run or play.
- For safety reasons, visitors are prohibited from wearing stiletto heels or rubber thongs.
- Dark, shiny, reflective or impermeable clothing may affect the effectiveness of Rain Room. We request that thick jackets and dark woolen outerwear are placed in the lockers provided during your experience.
- If visitors move impulsively within the installation, contact with water is possible.
- The installation requires regular maintenance and is subject to temporary closure during the day.
- Use of photographic equipment and mobile phones is entirely at the risk of the owner.
- No professional photography and videography is allowed without explicit prior permission.
- Visitors are asked to abstain from taking photographs for any other purpose than documenting their visit to Rain Room. Performance and music videos, product photography or fashion shoots are not permitted.
- The use of umbrellas is prohibited.
Can I share my Experience?
Absolutely, and the promoter encourages you to share your experience on social media using the hashtag #rainroom, tagging @jacklopehotels and @rainroomaus, and adding the location ‘Rain Room at Jackalope Pavilion’.