While it is unfortunate that the 23rd January match between Djokovic and Nishikori was cut short, early finishes are sometimes part of the nature of tennis. As per Tennis Australia conditions of sale and entry we are unable to offer refunds for changes to matches. Please see detail below, extract 8 & 9 from Tennis Australia's conditions:
8. Refunds, credits or replacements. If the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) applies and you have purchased your tickets, you will be entitled to a full refund, credit or replacement ticket where on-court tennis for your specific session of the AO (as designated on your ticket) does not commence at all. However, please note refunds, credits or replacements will not be issued in those circumstances, where:
- to holders of complimentary tickets; or
- where the failure to commence play was caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of TA, such as: injury, illnesses, bereavement, travel delays or other issues which prevent all players from being able to commence play; or other tennis matches continuing for extended periods of time; significant safety issues or concerns; extreme heat, rain, other adverse weather; natural disaster, war, sabotage, riot, act of terrorism, national emergency; fire, explosion, power shortage; strike or other labour difficulty; epidemic, quarantine, government intervention, or plant or equipment breakdown.
9. No refund. Without limiting the above, no refunds, credits, replacement tickets or other compensation will be provided where:
- there is a change to a Schedule, but the on-court tennis session commenced with a match or substitute match being played (in whole or part);
- there is a change to the non-tennis related entertainment at the AO, for example live music performers; or
- access to any particular general admission facility, attraction, activity or area within the AO cannot be provided because it has reached capacity (e.g outside courts, licensed areas); or
- your view of play is restricted by tennis equipment, other patrons or essential event infrastructure.
Check out Tennis Australia's full Conditions of Sale & Entry.